Whoopi Goldberg is the latest entrepreneur to join the medical marijuana game: The actor and comedian has started a line of products for women suffering from menstrual cramps.
The line, called Maya & Whoopi and co-founded with Maya Elisabeth of Om Edibles, will offer a balm, a tincture, a bath soak and an edible product. “For me, I feel like if you don’t want to get high high, this is a product specifically just to get rid of discomfort,” The View co-host told Vanity Fair. “Smoking a joint is fine, but most people can’t smoke a joint and go to work.”
Goldberg, who has opened up about her own marijuana use before, said she was inspired to develop these products because she has adult granddaughters who suffer from severe menstrual cramps. The line is scheduled to become available in California in April.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space