There’s now a non-lethal way to sleep with the fishes. Airbnb is hosting a contest for some brave souls to sleep in an underwater bedroom at a shark aquarium in Paris. The submerged chamber boasts a 360-degree view of the aquarium and will be surrounded by 35 sharks.
To enter, contestants must write an essay up to 550 words explaining why they deserve to live among sharks. Submissions are due by 11:59 p.m. CET on April 3, and Airbnb will host a winner and a guest for three straight nights from April 11 to April 13. The prize also includes a flight to France, a tour of the Aquarium de Paris, and breakfast if the winner survives until the next morning.
The aquatic evening will be hosted by Fred Buyle, a freediver who will do some dancing with the sharks, which is apparently a safe thing to do. The main rule for the winners: no selfies after dark, because sharks are sensitive to light.
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief