There’s now a non-lethal way to sleep with the fishes. Airbnb is hosting a contest for some brave souls to sleep in an underwater bedroom at a shark aquarium in Paris. The submerged chamber boasts a 360-degree view of the aquarium and will be surrounded by 35 sharks.
To enter, contestants must write an essay up to 550 words explaining why they deserve to live among sharks. Submissions are due by 11:59 p.m. CET on April 3, and Airbnb will host a winner and a guest for three straight nights from April 11 to April 13. The prize also includes a flight to France, a tour of the Aquarium de Paris, and breakfast if the winner survives until the next morning.
The aquatic evening will be hosted by Fred Buyle, a freediver who will do some dancing with the sharks, which is apparently a safe thing to do. The main rule for the winners: no selfies after dark, because sharks are sensitive to light.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now