There’s now a non-lethal way to sleep with the fishes. Airbnb is hosting a contest for some brave souls to sleep in an underwater bedroom at a shark aquarium in Paris. The submerged chamber boasts a 360-degree view of the aquarium and will be surrounded by 35 sharks.
To enter, contestants must write an essay up to 550 words explaining why they deserve to live among sharks. Submissions are due by 11:59 p.m. CET on April 3, and Airbnb will host a winner and a guest for three straight nights from April 11 to April 13. The prize also includes a flight to France, a tour of the Aquarium de Paris, and breakfast if the winner survives until the next morning.
The aquatic evening will be hosted by Fred Buyle, a freediver who will do some dancing with the sharks, which is apparently a safe thing to do. The main rule for the winners: no selfies after dark, because sharks are sensitive to light.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow