Luke Skywalker’s lightsaber has always been an integral part of the Star Wars story. First introduced in 1977’s A New Hope, the iconic blue-bladed saber has belonged to three major characters—Anakin, Luke and Rey—throughout the series, and played a significant role in the latest installment, The Force Awakens.
Read More: Watch Harrison Ford Explain Han Solo’s Fate in Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Now, YouTube user Christopher Sherwood has compiled a video chronicling the path of the lightsaber across all seven movies set in the galaxy far, far away. Beginning with Qui-Gonn Jin teaching a young Anakin about the significance of the Jedi weapon of choice in The Phantom Menace, the footage follows the path of the lightsaber all the way up until Rey holds it out to Luke in the final scene of The Force Awakens.
Watch the full video above.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement