Luke Skywalker’s lightsaber has always been an integral part of the Star Wars story. First introduced in 1977’s A New Hope, the iconic blue-bladed saber has belonged to three major characters—Anakin, Luke and Rey—throughout the series, and played a significant role in the latest installment, The Force Awakens.
Now, YouTube user Christopher Sherwood has compiled a video chronicling the path of the lightsaber across all seven movies set in the galaxy far, far away. Beginning with Qui-Gonn Jin teaching a young Anakin about the significance of the Jedi weapon of choice in The Phantom Menace, the footage follows the path of the lightsaber all the way up until Rey holds it out to Luke in the final scene of The Force Awakens.
Watch the full video above.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow