A Connecticut woman called 911 to report a wrong pizza order and then urged a police dispatcher to help get her money back.
According to an audio recording obtained by NBC Connecticut, the customer can be heard complaining about how a Hartford pizza shop accidentally gave her a half-hamburger pie when she had ordered a half-cheese, half-bacon pizza.
“If I order a pizza and they don’t want to give me my money back, can you guys do something?” she asks in a recent call to the emergency number. “I ordered a small pizza – half cheese and half bacon – and they bring me half hamburger, so I call them back and they don’t want to give my money back.”
The pizza shop told the network they would have replaced the pizza but the woman had eaten half of the pie.
The dispatcher explains that 911 should only be called for life-threatening emergencies before suggesting she take the issue up with the pizzeria. “That’s not a police matter, ma’am,” the dispatcher says.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time