A Connecticut woman called 911 to report a wrong pizza order and then urged a police dispatcher to help get her money back.
According to an audio recording obtained by NBC Connecticut, the customer can be heard complaining about how a Hartford pizza shop accidentally gave her a half-hamburger pie when she had ordered a half-cheese, half-bacon pizza.
“If I order a pizza and they don’t want to give me my money back, can you guys do something?” she asks in a recent call to the emergency number. “I ordered a small pizza – half cheese and half bacon – and they bring me half hamburger, so I call them back and they don’t want to give my money back.”
The pizza shop told the network they would have replaced the pizza but the woman had eaten half of the pie.
The dispatcher explains that 911 should only be called for life-threatening emergencies before suggesting she take the issue up with the pizzeria. “That’s not a police matter, ma’am,” the dispatcher says.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve