It all began when Twitter user Jason Oakes shared a video of himself testing whether banana peels are actually as slippery as cartoons would have people believe. Everything seems to be going fine until he completely wipes out in the last few seconds of the clip.
Since then, the hashtag #BananaPeelChallenge has filled with videos of teens trying to recreate the clichéd accident in hilarious—and seemingly painful—ways.
The original tweet, which was posted on March 27, has already been retweeted nearly 90,000 times and liked over 93,000 times.
- Why House Democrats Refused to Save McCarthy
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Self-Silencing Is Making Women Sick: Essay
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time