It all began when Twitter user Jason Oakes shared a video of himself testing whether banana peels are actually as slippery as cartoons would have people believe. Everything seems to be going fine until he completely wipes out in the last few seconds of the clip.
Since then, the hashtag #BananaPeelChallenge has filled with videos of teens trying to recreate the clichéd accident in hilarious—and seemingly painful—ways.
The original tweet, which was posted on March 27, has already been retweeted nearly 90,000 times and liked over 93,000 times.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow