A woman was arrested at the White House Easter Egg Roll for trying to move a temporary security barrier on Monday.
According to a statement from Robert K. Hoback of the U.S. Secret Service’s Office of Government and Public Affairs, the woman was “immediately arrested by Uniformed Division Officers. Initial investigation indicates the subject had a valid ticket for the event and went through the security screening process along with approximately 30,000 additional guests who also attended the event.”
The incident occurred around the same time that an armed man was shot and taken into custody at the Capitol Visitor Center, putting Congress and the White House on lockdown, but the Secret Service says there is no relationship between the two incidents.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization