A bride-to-be unsuccessfully sued to stop the TLC show Say Yes to the Dress from airing an episode featuring her shopping for a gown before her wedding day.
Alexandra Godino, 26, was asked by Kleinfeld Bridal to fill in at the last minute for a no-show bride in September and agreed on the condition that the episode wouldn’t air before her May 6 wedding, the New York Daily News reports. She, her mother and her fiancé all say they heard the producer they spoke with verbally agree to this condition, but none could remember the name of the producer who said so.
A Manhattan judge ruled in favor of the series on Thursday, noting nothing in the written contract specified this date agreement and pointing out that Godino could simply ask her fiancé, hockey player Jeff May, not to watch the episode. The episode aired on Friday.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy