A bride-to-be unsuccessfully sued to stop the TLC show Say Yes to the Dress from airing an episode featuring her shopping for a gown before her wedding day.
Alexandra Godino, 26, was asked by Kleinfeld Bridal to fill in at the last minute for a no-show bride in September and agreed on the condition that the episode wouldn’t air before her May 6 wedding, the New York Daily News reports. She, her mother and her fiancé all say they heard the producer they spoke with verbally agree to this condition, but none could remember the name of the producer who said so.
A Manhattan judge ruled in favor of the series on Thursday, noting nothing in the written contract specified this date agreement and pointing out that Godino could simply ask her fiancé, hockey player Jeff May, not to watch the episode. The episode aired on Friday.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating