If 2004’s one-hour Lifetime special, A Nosh to Remember, wasn’t enough, Charles Shaughnessy is here for Nanny fans. The actor shared a series of photos on social media showing a mini reunion with fellow castmembers Fran Drescher and Renée Taylor, taken March 19 at Taylor’s 83rd birthday party.
“An evening with the mother in law! Happy Birthday, Renee!!” Shaughnessy posted to Facebook alongside a photo of himself next to the Oscar-nominated actress and his onscreen Nanny wife, Drescher.
The cast of The Nanny, which ran on CBS from 1993-1999, also partially reunited several times on the set of Drescher’s TV Land Series, Happily Divorced. Taylor had a recurring role, while Shaughnessy guest-starred.
[Fran Drescher] is one of the most loyal people in the business,” Shaughnessy told TV Guide of working on Happily Divorced at hisNanny costar’s request. When I called to congratulate her on the pick-up, she said I would have to come on and do a show…It’s nice to reconnect on Happily Divorced — just this once though.”
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating