The Archbishop of Vienna says ISIS crucified a Catholic priest on Good Friday.
ISIS had kidnapped Rev. Thomas Uzhunnalil from a nursing home in Yemen on March 4. At an Easter Vigil Mass on Sunday, Cardinal Christoph Schonborn confirmed that the militant group had killed him the same way Jesus was killed.
Uzhunnalil was taken in the raid on a nursing home run by Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity, during which ISIS members killed 16 nurses and nuns. He was from India, where the government has tried to save the priest since his capture. Government officials have not commented on his death.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy