Recently, a British woman accidentally mailed a package of DVDs that her cat had climbed into.
The female Siamese cat “Cupcake” survived the eight-day, over 260-mile journey across the south coast of England, from Falmouth in Cornwall to Worthing, West Sussex. The recipient called the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA), which took the cat to Grove Lodge Veterinary Group. According to a blog post on the website for the practice, the cat’s microchip was scanned, which brought up current contact information for its owner Julie Baggott, who had already been searching frantically for the feline in her neighborhood.
The feline underwent intensive treatment for extreme dehydration before being reunited with its owner.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving