Recently, a British woman accidentally mailed a package of DVDs that her cat had climbed into.
The female Siamese cat “Cupcake” survived the eight-day, over 260-mile journey across the south coast of England, from Falmouth in Cornwall to Worthing, West Sussex. The recipient called the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA), which took the cat to Grove Lodge Veterinary Group. According to a blog post on the website for the practice, the cat’s microchip was scanned, which brought up current contact information for its owner Julie Baggott, who had already been searching frantically for the feline in her neighborhood.
The feline underwent intensive treatment for extreme dehydration before being reunited with its owner.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement