John Oliver wants you to know the truth about Cadbury Creme Eggs.
Because his show Last Week Tonight took a break Easter Sunday, Oliver released a web exclusive clip instead mocking the style of YouTube conspiracy videos by taking on the seemingly-innocent Easter candy.
“Open your eyes, America,” he demands. “The Cadbury Creme Egg is a terrible candy that tastes like mermaid placenta covered in candle wax.”
Watch the clip above to see his twisted, brilliant explanation of why the Illuminati is the real force behind the popularity of the seasonal treat.
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Her Fight for Abortion Access in Michigan
- Inside the War on Fake Consumer Reviews
- Column: Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Going to Get Worse
- How Lawmakers Are Trying to Protect Abortion Data Privacy
- The Surprising Thing That Could Help Ease Inflation
- Finding the American Dream in Canada
- The Safest Sunscreens to Buy—and Which Ingredients to Avoid
- Fact-Checking 8 Claims About Crypto’s Climate Impact
- How Grief Upsets Your Gut Health
- Who Could Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister?