Syrian government forces wrested control of the ancient city of Palmyra from ISIS on Sunday, following months of devastation at the hands of the militant group.
Watch the video above for glimpses of the damage ISIS wreaked on the Roman ruins and metropolitan areas within the town. ISIS seized Palmyra last May, sparking concerns that it would destroy the ancient sites that date back to over 2,000 years.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy