Hugh Jackman is being hailed a real-life superhero after he was captured on camera saving several swimmers, including his children, who were caught in a riptide in Australian waters.
The X-Men star can be seen in video obtained by Australia’s Nine News helping a man get his footing in the ocean before rescuing his 15-year-old son Oscar, The Guardian reports. Nine News said another swimmer linked hands with the actor to help him reach his 10-year-old daughter Ava and pull her to safety.
Jackman’s spokeswoman, Michele Schweitzer, downplayed the incident at Sydney’s Bondi Beach. “Hugh is completely fine as is his family,” she told USA TODAY. “The incident looks far more dramatic than it actually was.”
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears