Hugh Jackman is being hailed a real-life superhero after he was captured on camera saving several swimmers, including his children, who were caught in a riptide in Australian waters.
The X-Men star can be seen in video obtained by Australia’s Nine News helping a man get his footing in the ocean before rescuing his 15-year-old son Oscar, The Guardian reports. Nine News said another swimmer linked hands with the actor to help him reach his 10-year-old daughter Ava and pull her to safety.
Jackman’s spokeswoman, Michele Schweitzer, downplayed the incident at Sydney’s Bondi Beach. “Hugh is completely fine as is his family,” she told USA TODAY. “The incident looks far more dramatic than it actually was.”
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World