A tiny bird jumped on Bernie Sanders’s podium as he was speaking Friday, eliciting cheers from the crowd and getting social media all aflutter.
The bird was already attracting attention on the stage during the speech, so when the Democratic presidential hopeful referenced “this little bird,” the tiny feathery friend hopped up onto the podium for its moment in the spotlight.
The bird did not say whether it thought we need a political revolution in this country or whether he supported breaking up the big banks, but he did seem to understand the power of tweeting.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms