A tiny bird jumped on Bernie Sanders’s podium as he was speaking Friday, eliciting cheers from the crowd and getting social media all aflutter.
The bird was already attracting attention on the stage during the speech, so when the Democratic presidential hopeful referenced “this little bird,” the tiny feathery friend hopped up onto the podium for its moment in the spotlight.
The bird did not say whether it thought we need a political revolution in this country or whether he supported breaking up the big banks, but he did seem to understand the power of tweeting.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief