More than 100 pilots report drone sightings every month, the Federal Aviation Administration announced Friday, causing significant concern for air safety as drones become increasingly popular.
It’s illegal to operate drones around airplanes and airports, the FAA warned, yet the administration has seen a dramatic increase in the number of drone spottings in the last two years. Illegally operating a drone can result in a stiff fine or jail time.
The FAA is continuing to try to raise awareness about drone safety through their “Know Before You Fly” campaign.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization