1. Beefing up airport security won’t make us safer.
By Sheldon H. Jacobson in Quartz
2. Will the next president be too damaged to lead?
By Ron Faucheux in RealClearPolitics
3. Here’s how to make surgery safer anywhere in the world.
By Mike Williams at Rice University
4. Free trade won’t magically fix Cuba.
By Jeff Spross in the Week
5. Imagine managing diabetes with a simple skin patch.
By Michael Torrice in Chemical and Engineering News
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement