Apparently Ben Affleck needs to work on his poker face.
The 43-year-old actor was in the middle of a recent press appearance for his latest film, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, when the interviewer decided to read some of the terrible reviews the movie has received out loud. Affleck was clearly not prepared for the scathing comments—his face says it all. Of course, an Internet hero immediately jumped on the opportunity to meme the moment by creating a clip that zooms in on poor old Ben’s face as Simon & Garfunkel’s “Sound of Silence” plays.
Read More: Review: Superheroes Duke It Out Superseriously in Batman v Superman
In the actual segment, co-star Henry Cavill was there to respond to the negativity while Affleck collected himself. “What is going to really matter, I believe, is what the audience says,” Cavill said. “Because they’re the ones who are buying tickets, they’re the ones who want to see more of this kind of story, or not.”
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief