As the Zika Virus spreads through parts of Latin America and the Caribbean Islands, Sesame Street has joined forces with the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) to teach children how to avoid contracting the virus.
In two 30-second videos in Spanish, English and Portuguese, Elmo and Raya discuss better ways to ward off mosquitoes than waving fly swatters. Raya, who in the past has informed children about the importance of clean water, explains the need to cover and seal all water containers to keep mosquitoes out and from breeding. Stagnant water in a bucket or even a small bowl…
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma