Authorities say a man in Georgia who was filmed shooting at a lawn mower filled with explosives lost his leg when the machine exploded.
Emergency personnel responded on Saturday to a call reporting that David Pressley, 32, “had possibly blown his legs off from the explosion,” USA Today reported on Thursday.
Pressley, who had been shooting at a lawn mower packed with a mixture of ammonium nitrate and aluminum powder, is now recovering at a hospital in Atlanta, according to the newspaper. When they arrived on the scene, EMS said he was missing his left leg below the knee.
The incident was captured on video, in which Pressley appears to be wearing a tactical vest while shooting a semi-automatic rifle more than 20 times at the lawn mower. When the lawnmower explodes in the video, shrapnel can be seen flying around and Pressley is heard yelling, “I blew my leg off,” USA Today reported.
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023