A United Airlines pilot has been arrested, accused of running brothels in Houston apartment complexes and office buildings.
Bruce Wayne Wallis, 51, was charged with aggravated promotion of prostitution and engaging in criminal activity. He faces a maximum prison sentence of 20 years, the Houston Chronicle reported Thursday.
Wallis appeared in court on Thursday and is out on $15,000 bond, ABC News reported. Tracie Tanner, 37, his accused accomplice, was charged with felony aggravated promotion of prostitution and is out on $5,000 bond, the network reported.
“It’s the largest operation that I’ve ever worked on,” Assistant Harris County District Attorney Lester Blizzard said in an interview with the Chronicle. United Airlines said Wallis had been taken off flying duties, according to the newspaper.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart