With only Arizona, Idaho and Utah voting this week, the campaign is slowing down – just in time for President Barack Obama to tango in Argentina. Back in the U.S., it’s a different tango that’s being danced: Ted Cruz and Donald Trump are fighting it out for the Republican nomination, while on the democratic side Bernie Sanders continues to challenge a Hillary Clinton flanked by super heroes as photographer Nate Gowdy shows this week.
—TIME’s selection of the Surprising Political Photographs of the Week is published every Thursday.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time