GOP presidential contender Donald Trump continued his Twitter assault on the wife of chief rival Ted Cruz Wednesday with a tweet that includes an unflattering photo of Cruz’s wife Heidi.
The image—placed next to a photo of Trump’s wife Melania—was apparently created by a fan and then retweeted by Trump. “The images are worth a thousand words,” the caption reads.
The image follows a back-and-forth between the two candidates in which Trump accused Cruz of using a nearly nude photo of Melania in a campaign ad. (The ad was created by a Super Pac that is legally barred from coordinating with the Cruz campaign). Trump threatened to “spill the beans” on Heidi in response to the ad.
Cruz responded to the initial tweet by calling Trump a “coward” Wednesday. But following Trump’s tweet of a photo of Heidi Cruz, Cruz tried to take higher ground. “Donald, real men don’t attack women,” he wrote. “Your wife is lovely, and Heidi is the love of my life.”
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases