When comparing one Batman movie to another, the focus tends to remain on the man inside the suit. And as Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice hits theaters this weekend, all eyes are on Ben Affleck‘s newly-minted Dark Knight. But over the course of more than seven decades, the suit itself has cycled through as many changes as the casting of the actors who have worn it. There have been minor alterations—pointier ears here, sturdier boots there—but the biggest difference is its metamorphosis from cloth to armor, clothing to combat gear. The only way to give Batman a fighting chance against the Man of Steel, it seems, is to shroud the man in steel himself.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization