A 5-year-old Texas girl is being hailed as a hero after she saved her mother from drowning in their backyard swimming pool.
Allison Anderwald dove into the water after witnessing her mom suddenly suffer a seizure and managed to pull her to safety on Friday, home surveillance video obtained by KRIS-TV shows. The little girl then made sure her mom’s head was above water before running inside the house for help.
“She was really heavy, and I could only get the top part of her out, and then her other daughters ran over and helped me get her out,” Allison’s aunt, Tedra Hunt, told the news station. “Allison was able to do that on her own. And so, it’s a miracle.”
Allison’s mom, Tracy Anderwald, was not seriously injured and was released from the hospital on Tuesday, according to the Associated Press.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time