A 5-year-old Texas girl is being hailed as a hero after she saved her mother from drowning in their backyard swimming pool.
Allison Anderwald dove into the water after witnessing her mom suddenly suffer a seizure and managed to pull her to safety on Friday, home surveillance video obtained by KRIS-TV shows. The little girl then made sure her mom’s head was above water before running inside the house for help.
“She was really heavy, and I could only get the top part of her out, and then her other daughters ran over and helped me get her out,” Allison’s aunt, Tedra Hunt, told the news station. “Allison was able to do that on her own. And so, it’s a miracle.”
Allison’s mom, Tracy Anderwald, was not seriously injured and was released from the hospital on Tuesday, according to the Associated Press.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This