Bridget Jones is back, with a baby on board.
Renee Zellweger made an appearance on Wednesday’s The Ellen DeGeneres Show, where she debuted the new trailer for Bridget Jones’s Baby.
The clip, naturally, is narrated by Zellweger’s beloved British character, who is still single but hitting the gym, working as a television news producer and, as she puts it, “maintaining good relationship with ex” (read: having an awkward run-in with Colin Firth’s Mark Darcy at a bar).
Jones is also, it turns out, pregnant — but she’s not sure who’s the father. It could be Mark, but it could also be new love interest Jack Qwant (Patrick Dempsey), with whom she has a muddy meet-cute involving a Cinderella-like shoe retrieval.
Cue double the ultrasound appointments and a celebration that sets off fire alarms. As Jones says, “Everything is completely under control… sort of.”
Bridget Jones’s Baby hits theaters on Sept. 16, 2016. For more on the film, check out EW’s exclusive first look from late last year.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive