Bridget Jones is back, with a baby on board.
Renee Zellweger made an appearance on Wednesday’s The Ellen DeGeneres Show, where she debuted the new trailer for Bridget Jones’s Baby.
The clip, naturally, is narrated by Zellweger’s beloved British character, who is still single but hitting the gym, working as a television news producer and, as she puts it, “maintaining good relationship with ex” (read: having an awkward run-in with Colin Firth’s Mark Darcy at a bar).
Jones is also, it turns out, pregnant — but she’s not sure who’s the father. It could be Mark, but it could also be new love interest Jack Qwant (Patrick Dempsey), with whom she has a muddy meet-cute involving a Cinderella-like shoe retrieval.
Cue double the ultrasound appointments and a celebration that sets off fire alarms. As Jones says, “Everything is completely under control… sort of.”
Bridget Jones’s Baby hits theaters on Sept. 16, 2016. For more on the film, check out EW’s exclusive first look from late last year.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears