In anticipation of the March 25 opening of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, the team at Screen Junkies has pitted the honest trailers for 1978’s Superman and 1989’s Batman against each other in a battle of vintage superhero movies.
The YouTube channel finds plenty of opportunities to poke fun at the actors in both films, which starred Christopher Reeve and Michael Keaton as the Man of Steel and the Dark Knight, respectively. “Witness one of the best superhero castings of all time in Michael Keaton, a man so perfect for the role his eyebrows are shaped like the logo,” the narrator says. “He’s a reclusive billionaire dressed like your 10th grade English teacher who’s so unstable it actually feels plausible he would pretend to be a bat and beat up poor people.”
Screen Junkies will determine a winner between the two based on most combined views and shares of the videos. They promise to create one of their signature previews for either Batman Begins or Superman Returns based on the victor.
Watch the full trailers below.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.