In anticipation of the March 25 opening of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, the team at Screen Junkies has pitted the honest trailers for 1978’s Superman and 1989’s Batman against each other in a battle of vintage superhero movies.
The YouTube channel finds plenty of opportunities to poke fun at the actors in both films, which starred Christopher Reeve and Michael Keaton as the Man of Steel and the Dark Knight, respectively. “Witness one of the best superhero castings of all time in Michael Keaton, a man so perfect for the role his eyebrows are shaped like the logo,” the narrator says. “He’s a reclusive billionaire dressed like your 10th grade English teacher who’s so unstable it actually feels plausible he would pretend to be a bat and beat up poor people.”
Screen Junkies will determine a winner between the two based on most combined views and shares of the videos. They promise to create one of their signature previews for either Batman Begins or Superman Returns based on the victor.
Watch the full trailers below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at firstname.lastname@example.org