• Newsfeed

Axe Body Spray Fumes Cause Emergency Evacuation of Church and Daycare

1 minute read

A faulty can of Axe Body Spray was responsible for the evacuation of a Seattle church and daycare center on Friday after it began emitting “cough-inducing fumes.”

A backpack containing the leaking can was found in a bathroom in the church, prompting a 911 call about the offending bag and the clearing of both buildings, reports MyNorthwest.com. When the fire department arrived on the scene, they decided to call in a hazmat team to investigate the source of the fumes. Luckily, the team soon discovered that the “suspicious item” was only the malfunctioning — and “non-hazardous” — spray.

Read More: School Shut Down and Kids Hospitalized After 6th Grade Boys Spray Too Much Axe

Moral of the story — maybe reconsider using Axe if you don’t want to smell like a toxic cloud of gas.

More Must-Reads from TIME

Write to Megan McCluskey at megan.mccluskey@time.com