In the aftermath of Tuesday’s terrorist attacks in Brussels, which killed at least 31 people and injured scores of others, people around the world are expressing their support for Belgium by sharing pictures of beloved cartoon character Tintin crying.
The characters from Georges Remi’s The Adventures of Tintin—specifically Tintin and his dog Snowy—have long been national symbols of Belgium and are now being used as marks of solidarity with the country. Many have posted pictures of the boy reporter with tears on his face featuring captions such as “I am Belgium” and “Sadness.”
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive