The mayor of Paris tweeted that the Eiffel Tower will be lit up in black, yellow and red in solidarity with Brussels following a series of deadly attacks Tuesday that left at least 31 dead and dozens injured.
Anne Hidalgo wrote on Twitter, “In solidarity with the people of Brussels, Paris will light up the Eiffel Tower in the colors of the Belgian flag tonight.” She added the hashtag #NousSommesUnis, which means “We Are United.”
The town hall of Brussels lit up with the colors of the French national flag at the Brussels Grand Palace in November following terrorist attacks in Paris.
The Belgian capital has been on high alert since the Paris attacks, when Salah Abdeslam, a suspect, fled to Brussels. He was arrested on Friday.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow