The mayor of Paris tweeted that the Eiffel Tower will be lit up in black, yellow and red in solidarity with Brussels following a series of deadly attacks Tuesday that left at least 31 dead and dozens injured.
Anne Hidalgo wrote on Twitter, “In solidarity with the people of Brussels, Paris will light up the Eiffel Tower in the colors of the Belgian flag tonight.” She added the hashtag #NousSommesUnis, which means “We Are United.”
The town hall of Brussels lit up with the colors of the French national flag at the Brussels Grand Palace in November following terrorist attacks in Paris.
The Belgian capital has been on high alert since the Paris attacks, when Salah Abdeslam, a suspect, fled to Brussels. He was arrested on Friday.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer