Devin Washington proved he was committed to going above and beyond during an interview at a Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen on Saturday when he helped employees apprehend a man who tried to rob the restaurant. The 18 year old was in the middle of interviewing for a position at a New Orleans location of the fast food chain when the suspect—later identified as Pablo Ciscart—attempted to take money from an open cash register and flee the scene, reports police.
Danyanna Metoyer, the manager conducting the interview, blocked the man from exiting while Washington pinned his arm behind him. They then held him until police arrived. Metoyer said she had already decided to hire Washington before the incident but his actions sealed the deal. “You’re hired; you earned it,” she told him, according to the Associated Press.
Ciscart was arrested on a simple robbery charge after admitting to police that he committed the crime.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at firstname.lastname@example.org