Apple cut the price of its smart Watch and unveiled a raft of new brands for the spring season.
The Apple Watch will start at $299, down about $50. The new bands for the device are made of woven nylon, sporty neoprene, and leather, all in multiple colors. The company also said it would sell a space-black version of its Milanese loop. The company did not immediately say when the bands would go on sale.
Prices for the new bands range from $49 to $149.
“About a third of Apple Watch users switch out bands on a regular basis,” Apple CEO Tim Cook said during the event.
MORE: Inside Apple CEO Tim Cook’s Fight With the FBI
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment
- The Best Movies of 2023 So Far