Now that Game of Thrones is exploring new territory after finally catching up with the Song of Ice and Fire book series, the HBO drama’s cast is trying harder than ever to conceal spoilers about the upcoming sixth season. Nobody is doing a better job than Alfie Allen, who plays Theon Greyjoy on the show.
The actor has confronted questions about the future of his (now castrated) character and other plot points with a healthy dose of sarcasm. When asked by BuzzFeed whether Jon Snow is alive—the question on all fans’ minds after the hero was by all appearances stabbed to death in last season’s finale—Allen retorted, “Jon Snow is alive, but he comes back as a mouse.”
MORE: We Analyzed Every Second of the Game of Thrones Season 6 Trailer
In the same video, the interviewer asks how Theon and Sansa Stark could have possibly survived a very high jump from a Winterfell wall at the end of last season. (The characters show up in the trailer and presumably did not become crippled by the fall.) Allen deadpans: “Ibuprofen.”
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement