There is always a live-stream at the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding in China’s Sichuan province, and this week, 30 seconds featuring a panda cub lunging (playfully) at a video camera has been captured and shared by China’s largest newspaper People’s Daily. Perhaps this cub swatted away the lens because it was fed up with the constant surveillance and just wanted a little bit of privacy? We will never know. But the footage of the bear, and its playmate, is good viewing for a Friday (or any) afternoon.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving