Jimmy Kimmel knows how to get an audience’s attention, even when he thinks most people watching are drunk. The host staged a gag with guest Henry Cavill on Thursday’s episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live! that was intended to be an eye-grabber for those out drinking for St. Patrick’s Day.
“The show is on in bars, and you can’t really hear what’s going on,” Kimmel said. “So if you’ll indulge me, I’d like you to punch me in slow motion. I’ll go flying back that way, and then we’ll play it back in fast motion, and it’ll hopefully freak everybody out.”
The Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice star happily obliged and then good-naturedly took his own “beating” from Kimmel’s sidekick Guillermo.
Watch the full clip above.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms