Want to get more attention on Tinder? Sending a GIF—instead of a text or emoji—increases the likelihood of receiving a response by 30%, the company has revealed.
Conversations that include GIFs also last twice as long as conversations without GIFs on the popular dating app, a spokeswoman for Tinder said Thursday.
“GIFs allow people to better say what they want to and express emotion, which is something that’s really difficult to do in text alone,” Tinder co-founder and senior vice president of product Jonathan Badeen said in an interview with BuzzFeed, which first reported the new data on GIFs. “It opens up people to start more conversations and to break the ice.”
Since Tinder introduced a GIF button in January, allowing users to easily send a GIF to their matches, more than 20 million have been sent globally on the app.
Looking for the perfect GIF to express your Tinder emotion? Take a look at the 20 animated photos that have earned the highest response rates—a list of classics featuring Beyonce, Amy Schumer and Brad Pitt, of course.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time