Get ready to see Pope Francis in a whole new light—or at least a new filter.
The Pope is joining Instagram with the handle @franciscus on March 19, reports Italian news agency ANSA, citing an comments from Monsignor Dario Viganò, who heads the Vatican’s communications wing, on Vatican Radio.
Pope Francis is already on Twitter with the handle @Pontifex and has 8.87 million followers.
Earlier this year, Pope Francis met with Instagram CEO and co-founder Kevin Systrom at the Vatican to discuss the power of images and how pictures can “unite people across borders, cultures and generations.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow