Get ready to see Pope Francis in a whole new light—or at least a new filter.
The Pope is joining Instagram with the handle @franciscus on March 19, reports Italian news agency ANSA, citing an comments from Monsignor Dario Viganò, who heads the Vatican’s communications wing, on Vatican Radio.
Pope Francis is already on Twitter with the handle @Pontifex and has 8.87 million followers.
Earlier this year, Pope Francis met with Instagram CEO and co-founder Kevin Systrom at the Vatican to discuss the power of images and how pictures can “unite people across borders, cultures and generations.”
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022