A college in East Farmingdale, N.Y., went on lockdown Wednesday morning following reports of gun on campus that turned out to be just a toy lightsaber.
Police investigated a 911 call about someone with a rifle in the parking lot of Farmingdale State College on Long Island while school officials instructed students and staff to find shelter, the Associated Press reports. Kathryn Coley, a spokesperson for FSC, confirmed to the AP that the weapon was actually a Star Wars toy.
Police made the discovery after approaching the subject. They did not arrest him, and the lockdown warning was quickly lifted afterward, the New York Daily News reports.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This