A college in East Farmingdale, N.Y., went on lockdown Wednesday morning following reports of gun on campus that turned out to be just a toy lightsaber.
Police investigated a 911 call about someone with a rifle in the parking lot of Farmingdale State College on Long Island while school officials instructed students and staff to find shelter, the Associated Press reports. Kathryn Coley, a spokesperson for FSC, confirmed to the AP that the weapon was actually a Star Wars toy.
Police made the discovery after approaching the subject. They did not arrest him, and the lockdown warning was quickly lifted afterward, the New York Daily News reports.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve