A college in East Farmingdale, N.Y., went on lockdown Wednesday morning following reports of gun on campus that turned out to be just a toy lightsaber.
Police investigated a 911 call about someone with a rifle in the parking lot of Farmingdale State College on Long Island while school officials instructed students and staff to find shelter, the Associated Press reports. Kathryn Coley, a spokesperson for FSC, confirmed to the AP that the weapon was actually a Star Wars toy.
Police made the discovery after approaching the subject. They did not arrest him, and the lockdown warning was quickly lifted afterward, the New York Daily News reports.
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working