Ellen DeGeneres loves giving her guests a good scare, and Ben Affleck is the latest to fall victim to her hijinks.
While on Ellen promoting Batman v Superman, “Wonder Woman” popped up to give the actor a shock.
“I was genuinely scared by that,” Affleck said, after lurching back from the prankster. DeGeneres then showed him an instant replay, sending Affleck into a near-tears fit of laughter.
Affleck also dug into a more serious subject, discussing his divorce from Jennifer Garner, which they announced last year. “We’re good friends and we’re doing our best and our kids are fabulous and we’re working our best for them,” he said.
Of the three children the couple share, Affleck said they’re psyched about his superhero role – one of the reasons he took on the part of Batman. “I haven’t done anything my I haven’t done anything that my kids could see for a long time,” the actor said. “So I thought that would be kind of cool.”
His 4-year-old son, Samuel, is particularly thrilled. “He thinks I’m in the Batcave now,” Affleck said. “I say to him, ‘Dad’s gotta go away now,’ and he goes, ‘You’re going to the Batcave.’”
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice opens in theaters next Friday. You can see part of Affleck’s Ellen interview above.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.