A 5-year-old girl in Rancho Palos Verdes , Calif. has become paralyzed from the waist down after performing a backbend in her home.
When Eden Hoelscher collapsed and started crying on the morning of Dec. 23, 2015, she said she could not move her legs, ABC News reports. She was taken to the hospital, where doctors saw that she had hyperextended her spine, causing a contusion that cut off blood flow in her spinal cord and subsequently caused a stroke in her spinal cord.
Eden is now paralyzed from the waist down, but she is going to physical therapy, and her family hopes that she will be able to walk again; doctors are not yet sure what may happen.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State