If you’re looking for a festive—and delicious—way to spend St. Patrick’s Day, then you’re in luck. Restaurants around the country love to take part in the holiday by offering special items that embody the spirit of March 17. Here’s how a few popular chains are participating in this year’s green food craze.
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future
- 6 Groups Making Mental Health Care More Accessible to People of Color
Mickey D’s cult-favorite Shamrock Shake is back again this year in time for St. Paddy’s day. The fast food giant’s seasonal dessert typically appears on menus sometime in February and disappears again mid- to late March after the holiday is over. Unfortunately, the green shake is only available in select restaurants, but don’t worry—it has become so popular since its introduction in 1970 that fans have created a Shamrock Shake locator to help others get their hands on the creamy treat.
In addition to its normal lineup of St. Patrick’s Day-themed sweets, Krispy Kreme is taking the holiday spirit a step further this year by turning its doughnuts green. Customers can purchase festive versions of several classic creations, including Chocolate Iced, Chocolate Iced Kreme Filled and Fun Face doughnuts, throughout the day on Thursday. Find out if a store near you is participating in the promotion by visiting Krispy Kreme’s “LuckyOnes” site.
Just like in years past, Bruegger’s is honoring the Irish holiday by dyeing its trademark bagels bright green. As an added incentive, the bakery is offering a special deal that gives customers $2 off a bagel bundle (13 bagels and two tubs of cream cheese) on Thursday.
DQ is commemorating March 17 with its Blizzard of the Month—Grasshopper Mousse Pie. Made with a blend of vanilla soft serve, mint flavoring, graham cracker crumbs, choco chunks and whipped topping, the frozen concoction is a non-alcoholic take on the grasshopper cocktail for dessert-seekers of all ages.
For a limited time, Sprinkles’ red velvet cupcakes will be available in a shade more suitable for the day of luck. Customers have the option of sticking with the bakery’s signature emerald dessert or branching out to try a green velvet waffle cone topped with ice cream.
The mid-Atlantic Mexican eatery is spreading the luck of the Irish by giving customers a free order of green chips and queso—”just like Grandma McLopez used to make”—with any purchase. All Cal Tort locations can be found on the restaurant’s website.