Photos of a red panda at a wildlife park are going viral on Facebook this week because of the way that the animal seems to smile broadly while chowing down on bamboo leaves.
The conservancy group Red Panda Network, which shares news about all things involving red pandas, posted pictures of the male, known as Teajmunn, who resides at the Paradise Wildlife Park in Broxbourne, Hertfordshire, England.
Red pandas’ “jaws are powerful and their teeth and forelimbs are specially adapted for manipulating and crushing bamboo, which makes up 95% of their diet,” according to the zoo’s website.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out