A Peculiar world awaits moviegoers in Tim Burton’s next film, an adaptation of Ransom Riggs’ Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. The first official trailer for Miss Peregrine’s offers the first extended look at Jake’s (Asa Butterfield) journey to the hidden home of Miss Peregrine (Eva Green). (A short teaser for the film celebrating the book’s holiday Loop Day dropped late last year.) He’s shown the new world of gifted orphans by Peregrine and Emma Bloom (Ella Purnell) while learning he’s not just an ordinary boy — he’s also the one who will protect them, as darkness threatens the orphanage.
Burton and Butterfield recently spoke to EW about bringing the book and the “weird family” of the orphanage to life, including how Miss Peregrine, who protects the children under her care from monsters known as hollows, is like “a scary Mary Poppins.”
Watch the trailer above for a closer look at the film and read the rest of EW’s interview to learn more about the upcoming film. Written by Jane Goldman and also starring Allison Janney, Terence Stamp, Rupert Everett, Judi Dench, and Samuel L. Jackson, the film hits theaters on Sept. 30.
Check out a new poster for the film above.
This article originally appeared on EW.com
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction