The hacker group Anonymous has declared “total war” on Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, calling his campaign “deeply disturbing.”
The group will revive its anti-Trump operation on a larger scale on April 1, aiming to dismantle his campaign after previously targeting him for his comments about Muslims, the Telegraph reported.
“Your inconsistent and hateful campaign has not only shocked the United States of America, you have shocked the entire planet with your appalling actions and ideas,” a masked person with a computerized voice says in the group’s video, which was uploaded March 4.
“You don’t stand for anything except for your personal greed and power. This is a call to arms.”
The video—which includes clips of Trump’s negative comments about Mexicans and Fox News reporter Megyn Kelly, among others—asks all hackers to help in the effort by shutting down his website, sabotaging his brand and exposing information about him.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List