You don’t have to be good at math to celebrate Pi Day. Pi is an irrational number, afterall, which in turn gives us the right to be irrational —to do things like eat as much pie as we want and pretend it has something to do with a number. So, we will.
Some of us have memorized Pi to its 100th decimal point; some of us simply remember that Pi is a funny symbol we learned in middle school; some of us just love pie (dare we say—infinitely?). Ultimately, it doesn’t matter if you’re a mathlete or an advanced TI-89 calculator artist —today, there’s a slice of Pi for everyone. In that spirit, here are 14 recipes to fill our bellies and our minds with Pi(e).
Food52: 9 Ways to Fancy Up Your Pies
- Inside the Death of a Rural Daycare
- Exclusive: Inside Ukraine’s Secret Effort to Train Pilots for U.S. Fighter Jets
- TIME’s First Interview in the Metaverse: How a Filmmaker Made a Movie and Fell in Love in VR
- How The Inflation Reduction Act Will Spur a New Climate Tech Ecosystem
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- Social Media Companies Like TikTok Hope to Fight Election Misinformation. Experts Say Their Plans Aren’t Enough
- How I Got My Students to Stop Staring at Screens
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma