Viewers who watched The Walking Dead‘s post-show talk show, The Talking Dead, on Sunday night were treated to some exciting news about AMC’s flagship series. Host Chris Hardwick announced that Universal Studios Hollywood is building a permanent attraction based on the zombie-filled drama.
A Walking Dead walk-through maze has previously been offered during the theme park’s annual Halloween Horror Nights celebration but will now be open year-round due to its growing popularity. The permanent attraction will be housed inside a new structure and will feature a few spooky improvements, reports Entertainment Weekly. With “authentic walker make-up effects, sophisticated animatronic walkers, substantially more detailed set design and costuming, and highly recognizable props replicated from the series,” it is expected to be even more fear-inducing than the original.
Check out the first teaser for the attraction, which is set to open this summer, below.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving