Viewers who watched The Walking Dead‘s post-show talk show, The Talking Dead, on Sunday night were treated to some exciting news about AMC’s flagship series. Host Chris Hardwick announced that Universal Studios Hollywood is building a permanent attraction based on the zombie-filled drama.
A Walking Dead walk-through maze has previously been offered during the theme park’s annual Halloween Horror Nights celebration but will now be open year-round due to its growing popularity. The permanent attraction will be housed inside a new structure and will feature a few spooky improvements, reports Entertainment Weekly. With “authentic walker make-up effects, sophisticated animatronic walkers, substantially more detailed set design and costuming, and highly recognizable props replicated from the series,” it is expected to be even more fear-inducing than the original.
Check out the first teaser for the attraction, which is set to open this summer, below.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World