Viewers who watched The Walking Dead‘s post-show talk show, The Talking Dead, on Sunday night were treated to some exciting news about AMC’s flagship series. Host Chris Hardwick announced that Universal Studios Hollywood is building a permanent attraction based on the zombie-filled drama.
A Walking Dead walk-through maze has previously been offered during the theme park’s annual Halloween Horror Nights celebration but will now be open year-round due to its growing popularity. The permanent attraction will be housed inside a new structure and will feature a few spooky improvements, reports Entertainment Weekly. With “authentic walker make-up effects, sophisticated animatronic walkers, substantially more detailed set design and costuming, and highly recognizable props replicated from the series,” it is expected to be even more fear-inducing than the original.
Check out the first teaser for the attraction, which is set to open this summer, below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at firstname.lastname@example.org