Kim Kardashian West sparked a conversation about body image and celebrity after posting a nude selfie on Instagram. So naturally, a two-story tall mural is recreating the picture in a Melbourne alley.
The massive mural of the reality TV star and selfie enthusiast appeared on the side of a building in Cremorne, a suburb of Melbourne, on Monday. A local street artist who goes by Lushsux is taking credit for the eyebrow-raising painting, which shows a nude Kardashian with black modesty bars transforming the image from R-Rated to merely PG-13.
The mural apparently upset a local worker who alerted local radio station 3AW to the massive nude selfie decorating the alleyway. The worker told 3AW that “nobody had been consulted about the mural being painted.” While the mural stands, Melbourne parents should probably brace themselves for a conversation about body image, proper uses of social media, and Kim Kardashian with their children (who have probably already seen it on the internet anyway).
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com