Kim Kardashian West sparked a conversation about body image and celebrity after posting a nude selfie on Instagram. So naturally, a two-story tall mural is recreating the picture in a Melbourne alley.
The massive mural of the reality TV star and selfie enthusiast appeared on the side of a building in Cremorne, a suburb of Melbourne, on Monday. A local street artist who goes by Lushsux is taking credit for the eyebrow-raising painting, which shows a nude Kardashian with black modesty bars transforming the image from R-Rated to merely PG-13.
The mural apparently upset a local worker who alerted local radio station 3AW to the massive nude selfie decorating the alleyway. The worker told 3AW that “nobody had been consulted about the mural being painted.” While the mural stands, Melbourne parents should probably brace themselves for a conversation about body image, proper uses of social media, and Kim Kardashian with their children (who have probably already seen it on the internet anyway).
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List