An American who is alleged to be a member of ISIS has been captured by the Kurdish security forces, a Kurdish News Service reports.
The man is identified by the Kurdish news service Rudaw as Muhammad Jamal Amin of Virginia with a Palestinian father and a Iraqi mother. The State Department was not immediately available to confirm.
The alleged ISIS member traveled to Syria via Turkey two months ago and then towards the Iraqi city of Mosul from there. Kurdish forces told the Kurdish news service that the American had mistakenly thought he was at the Turkish border when he wandered into Kurdish territory and was captured. CBS News has also reported his capture.
Amin also had cell phones, money, and ID cards on him when captured, which were photographed and broadcast by Rudaw.
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- How Past Lives Combines Memoir and Artistry
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk