The second of two inmates who escaped from a prison van in New Mexico on Wednesday has been captured in Albuquerque, police said Saturday, less than a day after his fellow fugitive was first nabbed.
Lionel Clah, 29, was arrested at about 3 p.m. local time Saturday (4 p.m. ET), the Albuquerque Police Department said.
The other escapee, Joseph Cruz, 32, was caught Friday following a brief foot chase near the University of New Mexico campus shortly after 5:30 p.m. local time, said New Mexico State Police Chief Pete Kassetas.
The first arrest happened just hours . . .
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve