The second of two inmates who escaped from a prison van in New Mexico on Wednesday has been captured in Albuquerque, police said Saturday, less than a day after his fellow fugitive was first nabbed.
Lionel Clah, 29, was arrested at about 3 p.m. local time Saturday (4 p.m. ET), the Albuquerque Police Department said.
The other escapee, Joseph Cruz, 32, was caught Friday following a brief foot chase near the University of New Mexico campus shortly after 5:30 p.m. local time, said New Mexico State Police Chief Pete Kassetas.
The first arrest happened just hours . . .
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time