A protester appeared to attempt to storm the stage at Donald Trump’s campaign rally outside of Dayton, Ohio on Saturday, one of a number of escalating protests during the event and a continuation of the turmoil that marked Trump’s cancelled rally in Chicago on Friday.
Agents from the U.S. Secret Service briefly jumped to the stage to surround a seemingly rattled Trump.
“I was ready for him, but it’s much easier if the cops do it,” Trump said when returning to the microphone,
The event comes a day after Trump cancelled a rally in Chicago, citing security concerns, as fights broke out between protesters and supporters at the venue.
“If there’s a group out there, just throw them the hell out,” Trump said when his rally in an airport hangar was interrupted for the first time by a protest.
https://twitter.com/nickpistor/status/708696675460653056“We’ve got to fight back, we’ve got to fight back,” he said.
Discussing Friday night’s cancelled rally in Chicago, Trump maintained that his supporters were peaceful.
“My people were nice, the people that came there were so nice,” he said. “They caused no problem. They were taunted, they were harassed by these others.”
“All of the sudden a planned attack just came out of nowhere,” Trump added. Earlier on Saturday, Trump tweeted that “thugs” were to blame for the violence in Chicago.
Trump said some of the protestors “represented Bernie [Sanders], our communist friend,” referencing that some were carrying signs supporting the Democratic contender.
Trump is scheduled to hold two more events Saturday in Cleveland, Ohio, and Kansas City, Mo.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer