Ben Carson endorsed Donald Trump, making the retired neurosurgeon the second former presidential candidate to endorse the Republican frontrunner in the last two weeks.
Appearing next to Trump at a news conference in Palm Beach, Florida, Carson said Trump is “a very intelligent man who cares deeply about America.”
“There are two Donald Trumps,” Carson added, alluding to Trump’s campaign persona. “There is one who sits on the stage and the one who is cerebral…and that’s the one you are going to start seeing more and more of.”
Carson’s endorsement was finalized on Thursday during a meeting with Trump, reports the Washington Post. Trump confirmed that Carson would endorse him during Thursday night’s Republican debate on CNN.
“It is such an honor to have Ben—he is a friend, he has become a friend and I appreciate the endorsement,” Trump said after Carson spoke on Friday.
Carson ended his presidential bid last week, saying that he saw no “political path forward” in the race.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror